Mr Raza provides a thorough and holistic assessment before pregnancy. There is a number of steps which can be taken to improve the chances of a healthier pregnancy. The simple interventions can help to reduce serious risks such as Spina bifida. It is vital to have full health assessment before the conception so any treatments and lifestyle changes can be planned.
Pre conceptional counselling is even more important in patients with diabetes, epilepsy, thalassemia, hypertension and previous complicated difficult births. Mr Raza works in close liaison with other specialities such as haematologist; endocrinologist to provide multidisciplinary care. Preconception counselling is for all women who want to get pregnant.
What is included in the consultation?
- A full consultation with Mr Raza to take an overview of the situation
- Abdominal and pelvic examination
- Blood tests including Full blood count, rubella, glucose
- Thyroid function tests
- Transvaginal pelvic scan (3D) to asses the uterus and Ovaries
- A full report to outline a map for pregnancy
- 24/7 access to consultant
Other tests can be added following consultation amid clinical needs.